Here's a look at this morning's banking and finance headlines:
- A former official in charge of investigating the financial crisis said many inquiries of wrongdoing can't succeed as criminal prosecutions, the Wall Street Journal reports.
- Reuters examines how the global financial landscape is changing.
- Economic problems in Europe and the U.S. are beginning to affect Asia, the New York Times writes.
- According to Seeking Alpha, Bank of America is "a clear buy" now.
- U.S. markets opened flat this morning as investors remained cautious about ongoing troubles in Europe, Reuters reports.