Wells Fargo announced that it has given $100,000 to Charlotte nonprofits in recent weeks to mark the North Carolina conversion of Wachovia branches.
- The Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina: $34,000
- The Greater Carolinas Chapter of the American Red Cross: $24,000
- The Autism Foundation of the Carolinas: $19,000
- Classroom Central: $14,000
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Piedmont: $9,000
The nonprofits were chosen by vote of Wachovia customers and employees in August and September.
Last year, Wells Fargo and Wachovia gave $219 million to nonprofits around the country.