Here's a look at the banking and finance headlines this morning:
- Bloomberg examines how banks benefited from secret Fed loans during the financial crisis.
- Massachusetts lawmaker Barney Frank announced Monday he will not seek re-election next year. The New York Times looks closer at his "war of words with Wall Street."
- Stock markets opened flat this morning after a rally Monday, Reuters reports.
- Banks are spending billions on new tech gadgets, but they're finding it difficult to change consumers' habits, the Wall Street Journal writes.
- Bank of America was The Street's featured banking winner in trading Monday.