Here's what's news in banking and finance this morning:
- Bank of America's volatile stock price has investors wondering whether it's a good opportunity - or "a dying company." MarketWatch explains.
- Reuters contributor Christopher Whalen: Is Bank of America preparing for a Chapter 11?
- One research firm finds a 65 percent chance of a banking crisis this month following a Greek default and a run on the Italian banking system, CNBC reports.
- Some bankers are blasting celebrity chef Mario Batali's attack on their industry, Bloomberg writes.
- There won't be a lasting economic recovery unless investors start rooting for banks, InvestorPlace says.