Fifth Third Bank said the president of Johnson C. Smith University and the chief human resources officer for Carolinas HealthCare System have been named to its North Carolina board of directors.
Ronald Carter, president of the university, and Debra Plousha Moore, who is also executive vice president for Carolinas HealthCare System, join seven other board members. They are:
- Francisco Alvarado, CEO of Marand Builders;
- Brett Carter, of Duke Energy Corp.;
- Tom Heiks, president of Fifth Third's North Carolina affiliate;
- Bob James, of Grant Thornton;
- Bo King, of King’s Office Supply;
- Hugh Morrison, of MB Commercial Real Estate; and
- Teresa Tanner, Fifth Third's chief human resource officer.
According to George Dick, Fifth Third spokesman, the bank has 56 branches in North Carolina, with the bulk, 40, in Greater Charlotte.