Bank of America is putting the teller into its automated teller machines.
On Thursday, the bank unveiled a new type of ATM, one that provides real-time video access to a teller.
The new ATMs will be rolled out in Boston first. Bank of America spokeswoman Anne Pace said the ATMs will debut in Charlotte in late summer or early fall at Founders Hall.
Katy Knox, retail banking executive for Bank of America, said Thursday that the ATMs will make their appearance in Boston in the middle of this month. Atlanta will be the next market to get the ATMs, she said.
According to Bank of America, the new ATMs will also allow customers to:
- Cash checks for the exact amount, even if change is involved.
- Receive cash in $1, $5, $20 and $100 bills.
- Deposit checks with cash back.
- Split a deposit into two or more accounts.
- Make loan or credit card payments.