Monday, July 30, 2012

PNC putting ATMs in Harris Teeters

PNC Bank, which recently entered the Carolinas through its acquisition of RBC Bank, is putting 138 ATMs in Harris Teeter grocery stores across the two states, the bank said Monday.

Another 53 ATMs will go in Harris Teeters in Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland and Delaware. They should be in place by the beginning of September.

Cardtronics, a publicly traded ATM operator that has a contract with Harris Teeter, owns the machines. ATMs in Harris Teeters had been branded by Bank of America.

The Pittsburgh bank's ATM expansion comes as other banks are pulling back. Bank of America cut 9 percent of its ATMs in the past year, including a number at gas stations and malls.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what?

Anonymous said...

BofA ATMs are gone from Harris Teeters - replaced by PNC. Makes ZERO sense.

Anonymous said...

PNC will have a much greater revenue source, which means Harris Teeter may get more revenue as well by using PNC. In the Carolinas, I am sure there is a signifigant number of B of A customers with accounts shopping in Harris Teeters as opposed to PNC. Therefore the ATM fees per unit will increase at PNC/Harris Teeter locations. Smart move!

Anonymous said...

Only scum uses ATMs at gas stations and malls.

Anonymous said...

Anon 10:37 - why do you say that? Personally, I don't use an ATM I have to pay for fee to use unless there are no other option (like no B of A ATMs in area I'm traveling) but I use them at grocery stores, malls, airports, gas stations, etc all the time. They are convenient while you are doing something else. Not sure why you call people that use them "scum" - guess you are just a troll.

Anonymous said...

Why would I use a PNC ATM when I can buy a pack of gum at HT and take out cash during my checkout? Way cheaper than whatever surcharge PNC would be trying to get.

MacGyvr said...

Why do you need to use an ATM at all? I haven't taken cash from an ATM in at least 2 years. I do everything on my card, period.

Anonymous said...

Hmm MacGyvr... Not all of us are paid under the table. And ATM's aren't just for cash. Lots of folks (including me) make deposits at ATM's, particularly small businesses.

Anonymous said...

I can use any ATM I want. Ally refunds me at the end of the statement period.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like HT and BofA are have had a p-ssing contest.

Anonymous said...

Lucy boy at 11:11, does it really matter that much to you? Wow, how much of a wad do you usually get your knickers in?