Gastonia-based Citizens South Banking Corp. increased small business lending by 9 percent since mid-2010, the U.S. Treasury reported this week, making it one of the 78 percent of community banks that received money from the criticized federal Small Business Lending Fund to increase its lending.
- First Bancorp, Troy. 2.7 percent
- Live Oak Bancshares Inc., Wilmington. 4.2 percent.
- Providence Bank, Rocky Mount. 20.7 percent.
- Select Bancorp Inc., Greenville. 50.3 percent.
- Union Bank & Trust Company, Oxford. 16.3 percent.
- Mountain BizCapital Inc., Asheville. 13.8 percent.